Revisionist History is a podcast by best-selling author Malcolm Gladwell now in its fourth season. As Gladwell states, it is his podcast about things “overlooked and misunderstood.” If you are interested in ideas that challenge conventional thinking, this is for you. The topics he addresses are extremely broad, but they all have one thing in common: standard perception of an event or idea may be flawed.
Below are just a handful of items he covers:
- Standardized tests in the U.S.
- Performance enhancing drugs in sports
- The obvious similarity between rap and country music
- Country Clubs in LA that have avoided billions in property taxes
- The fallible nature of memories
- How the Jesuits solve novel problems
What is instructive about this podcast is that it addresses how we think and process information. As advisors and investors, we are always trying to learn more, and part of learning is being open to ideas that challenge our thinking. In nearly every episode of this podcast you will probably say to yourself, “I’ve never thought of it that way.” That’s a good thing. Whether you agree or not is another matter.
You can learn more and listen to all episodes on by going here.
P.S. One of our favorite episode is King of Tears (Season 2 – Episode 6)